Inside: Need help coming up with self-care ideas? Check out the list below of 50 self-care ideas to put on your checklist and get started on your self-care journey!
Disclaimer: All of these thoughts are my own. However, as an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission if you purchase from one of the links below.
Are you struggling to come up with self-care ideas that you can easily incorporate into your day? Would you rather someone else come up with ideas and you simply choose from a curated list?
I don’t blame you.
You’re busy enough as it is trying to juggle the stress of being a good mom, partner, employee, etc. The last thing you need on your plate is researching self-care ideas. Luckily, I’ve done that for you!
Let’s get started!
As a reminder, you can take my self-care assessment to find out which area of self-care you’ve been neglecting. These results will help you understand your specific self-care needs and what area on the list below that you should be focusing on.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, go to my post on how to create a self-care checklist and download your FREE self-care printable. This will help you keep organized and you can quickly add the ideas below into your checklist.
- Take a 15 – 30 min walk outside
- Try a new recipe (or order from your favorite restaurant)
- Make a cup of tea (Decaf Earl Grey with honey and oat milk is my favorite :))
- Stretch for 15 minutes
- Drink a cup of water
- Use a face mask
- Plant something
- Organize your closet
- Get a massage
- Rest for 20 minutes
- Call someone
- Grab coffee with a friend
- Journal for self discovery
- Cuddle up on the couch with a feel good movie
- Listen to a funny podcast
- Turn on music
- Plan a party or trip
- Create something
- Visit a shelter and pet the animals
- Take a bubble bath
- Listen to a motivational podcast
- Do a puzzle
- Read a self help book
- Turn off all social media
- Book a therapy appointment
- Join a support group
- Write out your goals for the future
- Try something new for the first time
- Go for a 1 hour solo drive
- Check one thing off your to-do list
- Sign up for volunteer work
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Write affirmations
- Read an uplifting book
- Turn on meditation music
- Light incense
- Forgive someone
- Write down three things you’re grateful for
- Do something nice for someone else
- Create a vision board
- Meal plan for lunch
- Find 5 jobs you want to apply for
- Read a book on personal finance
- Create an agenda to maximize your work day
- Try breathing exercises to help with stress
- Take a class in something you’re interested in
- Write down all the things you’re good at and how these could be applied in different careers
- Read professional help articles
- Organize your work space
Final Thoughts on 50 Creative Self-Care Ideas to Add to Your Self-Care Checklist
I hope you found some good ideas that will work for you from the list of self-care ideas! I tried to make them extra specific to eliminate any additional research on your part. I think these self-care ideas can help prompt you to incorporate some healthier habits into your lifestyle.