Inside: Need help coming up with self-care ideas? Check out the list below of 50 self-care ideas to put on your checklist and get started on your self-care journey!
Disclaimer: All of these thoughts are my own. However, as an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission if you purchase from one of the links below.
Are you struggling to come up with self-care ideas that you can easily incorporate into your day? Would you rather someone else come up with ideas and you simply choose from a curated list?
I don’t blame you.
You’re busy enough as it is trying to juggle the stress of being a good mom, partner, employee, etc. The last thing you need on your plate is researching self-care ideas. Luckily, I’ve done that for you!
Let’s get started!
As a reminder, you can take my self-care assessment to find out which area of self-care you’ve been neglecting. These results will help you understand your specific self-care needs and what area on the list below that you should be focusing on.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, go to my post on how to create a self-care checklist and download your FREE self-care printable. This will help you keep organized and you can quickly add the ideas below into your checklist.
- Take a 15 – 30 min walk outside
- Try a new recipe (or order from your favorite restaurant)
- Make a cup of tea (Decaf Earl Grey with honey and oat milk is my favorite :))
- Stretch for 15 minutes
- Drink a cup of water
- Use a face mask
- Plant something
- Organize your closet
- Get a massage
- Rest for 20 minutes
- Call someone
- Grab coffee with a friend
- Journal for self discovery
- Cuddle up on the couch with a feel good movie
- Listen to a funny podcast
- Turn on music
- Plan a party or trip
- Create something
- Visit a shelter and pet the animals
- Take a bubble bath
- Listen to a motivational podcast
- Do a puzzle
- Read a self help book
- Turn off all social media
- Book a therapy appointment
- Join a support group
- Write out your goals for the future
- Try something new for the first time
- Go for a 1 hour solo drive
- Check one thing off your to-do list
- Sign up for volunteer work
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Write affirmations
- Read an uplifting book
- Turn on meditation music
- Light incense
- Forgive someone
- Write down three things you’re grateful for
- Do something nice for someone else
- Create a vision board
- Meal plan for lunch
- Find 5 jobs you want to apply for
- Read a book on personal finance
- Create an agenda to maximize your work day
- Try breathing exercises to help with stress
- Take a class in something you’re interested in
- Write down all the things you’re good at and how these could be applied in different careers
- Read professional help articles
- Organize your work space
Final Thoughts on 50 Creative Self-Care Ideas to Add to Your Self-Care Checklist
I hope you found some good ideas that will work for you from the list of self-care ideas! I tried to make them extra specific to eliminate any additional research on your part. I think these self-care ideas can help prompt you to incorporate some healthier habits into your lifestyle.
Did any of these self-care ideas work for you? Is there something you’d like to see different? Let me know below in the comments!
Allie Schmidt is a rare disease advocate and disabled mom living with motor neuron disease. She founded Disability Dame in 2020 to provide tips to other moms living with disabilities and chronic illnesses.
In her spare time, you can find her traveling with her husband (she's been to 38 states and 16 countries!), watching reruns of Survivor, or tending to her near-constant sunburn from spending too much time outside. You can follow her adventures here.
1 thought on “50 Creative Self-Care Ideas to Add to Your Self-Care Checklist”
What a wonderful list – thank you for sharing, and for linking to my affirmations post!